The Joint Workshop on MR phase, magnetic susceptibility and electrical properties mapping will be held in Lucca from 16 to 19 October 2022. QMR Lucca will be the first Joint Workshop on MR Phase, Magnetic Susceptibility and Electrical Properties Mapping.
The mission is to gather all scientists and clinicians interested in the study of magnetic and electrical properties of biological tissues non invasively, in vivo, by means of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). Susceptibility-Weighted Imaging (SWI) and Quantitative Susceptibility Mapping (QSM) use the MRI signal phase to infer on an important physical property, namely magnetic susceptibility. Similarly, Electrical Property Tomography (EPT) enables imaging of tissue electrical properties by exploiting the spatial distribution of the radiofrequency field.
These properties depend on tissue composition, organ function, and ageing, and may change in the presence of disease and disease-modifying therapies. Therefore, they could potentially become useful, quantitative biomarkers for diagnostic and therapy monitoring. The goal of this first joint Workshop is to provide a forum to share the knowledge and foster the development of this exciting field.
- Monday May 2nd, 2022: Abstract submissions open
- Monday June 6th 2022: Early Registration opens
- Friday July 1st, 2022: Abstract submissions deadline
- Monday July 25th, 2022: Early registration closes.
- to educate students and fellows on all aspects of tissue susceptibility and electrical properties, from their definition to their non-invasive measurement through MRI;
- to provide clinicians and scientists from various backgrounds with the opportunity to share knowledge and build connections;
- to discuss recent advances and challenges in the field;
- to foster the development of QSM and EPT technology and their translation into clinical practice
Registrations to the workshop will open on June 6th, 2022.
Expected early registration fees (by July 25th 2022) are:
- Standard: Euro 390.00
- Student: Euro 340.00
Fees also include all meals indicated in the program. After July 25th 2022, fees will be increased by Euro 50,00.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com