The course aims to provide students with the concepts useful to face problems of measurement and control of thermal quantities in static and dynamic conditions.
It introduces the fundamentals of temperature measurements; the operating principles and metrological characteristics of reference standards and industrial instrumentation for measuring both temperature and humidity; the characteristics of thermal transducers in dynamic conditions. In addition, the course presents the methods of controlling thermal processes, the control systems, and examples of the design and characterization of thermal systems and enclosures. Selected measurement problems that require special and advanced techniques will be discussed.
- Fundamentals of temperature measurements
- Approximation techniques and industrial measurements
- Dynamic thermal measurements
- Precision thermal control systems and two-phase systems
- Humidity standards. Sensors and transducers for humidity and moisture measurements
- Special techniques in temperature metrology. Fibre-optic thermometry and fluorescence-based methods