INRiM and Politecnico di Torino have a long history of cooperation in metrology. Today, they work together on several research projects at both national and international levels.
In the last years, metrology has expanded its research fields following the new attention of the society for sustainable development, food safety, and protection of the environment.
In convention with the Politecnico di Torino, INRiM is therefore proposing a PhD course embracing these issues in several branches:
- Applied metrology
- High-energy particle metrology
- Magnetism and spintronics
- Mechanical and thermal metrology
- Metrology for Health
- Energy and the Environment
- Metrology in Chemistry and Biology
- Metrology and Quantum Devices
- Metrology of time and frequency
Lectures and research activities take place in the Politecnico di Torino or INRiM premises.